Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I volunteered


Everyone loves to keep a pet or pets. He nurtures the beautiful creature with deep love, great warmth and care. Some loves to keep cats and dogs while other goes out for fish, birds and others. This story is not about my pet but my colleague’s. One of my colleague loves to keep fishes, initially he bought a small pot for fishes that later converted into a big aquarium. Its beauty was further embellished with artificial plants, gravel and a sea diver statue. Soon the hugs aquarium becomes apple of eye of whole department and other departments as well which are residing on that particular floor.
The multi breed and colored fishes inside the glass gradually became a relaxing therapy for the whole department. When the pretty fishes stretch their fins and move hastily, one just follows their track, stand stood. On every sight, It gave a cool ease to eyes which excels out all the tiredness of work and when light turned off, its sparkling head bulb illuminate the dark atmosphere and once again, we start gazing the new guests of our department. Though, there was different kind of fishes kept inside the aquarium but the golden colored ‘Gold fish’ was beyond praise.
It was my routine to office to play with Gold Fish and other by knocking the glass. I love the way, the confused and scared fishes move here and there. The time passed on and water got dirty day by day, therefore, one day we decided to change the water. We were gladly changing the water, unaware of the the fact that we will soon lose our dear ‘Gold Fish’.
While changing the water, fishes were transferred into small pot and I persisted to put the pot on my desk where I talked, whistled, took pictures and shot video of fish.
In a nut shell, I enjoyed as much as I can and left office with a happy and smiling face but next day all my happiness flown away when I came to office and found the Gold Fish dead!
This wasn't a new thing for my colleagues and they took it lightly (later showed regret) and suggested to apply the same procedure of throwing fish into the garbage bin but here I didn't allow anyone to throw it into dustbin and I suggested to bury the poor creature whose soul said farewell to the world when I weren't around her. I asked my colleague took the fish net, carrying the dead body and follow me. I dig a small area and bury the poor fish. I watered her with my tears and bade Good Bye!
Now everything is back to normal; same department, same aquarium but the thing that not same and normal is the Gold Fish who is no more...
People love their pets till they are alive but what if they die?

2 comments:

  1. Awww. RIP goldfish. It's always sad to lose a pet. But fish are really hard to take care of. It's great that you gave the poor fishie a proper burial instead of throwing it away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad. The last part of your post made me think of Harry Potter. The way he dug a grave for Dobby himself.

    ReplyDelete