Friday, July 18, 2014

Click happiness with foodpanda


The month of Ramadan is about fasting but as soon the air echoes with the sound of Allah u Akbar, Allah u Akbar, everyone attack over aftaari, and eat as much as they can, and later prepare for Taraweeh with a heavy stomach and throat bubbling with food. There are two kinds of people in the world one who eat to live and others, who live to eat!

Are you the one who lives to eat? Don’t stare the words or feel shy, be frank as I am also the one but my calorie calculator is always on whenever I order any scrumptious item. There was a time when I keep the brochures of restaurants or log on to websites only to get their delivery number but now foodpanda has made it all easy for me. Now I just log on to foodpanda, order my favorite food item and get it at my door step.

This Ramadan when I was surfing the website for Aftaar deals, it doesn’t mean, I was feeling hungry or mujhey roza lag raha tha,

I came across the Click Donate banner. I was so amazed and curious to know how foodpanda can support underprivileged families as it’s an online food portal.

In my curiosity I clicked the banner and found three categories of Ration packs. When I read the items carried by each Ration Pack, I was surprised. The ration bags contain daily consumer products such as rice, flour, tea and cooking oil, and have been categorized into three packages priced at Rs.1000, Rs.1825 and Rs.2890 according to a person’s feasibility. 
At that moment, I realized what my Thousand Rupees can do for the poor families. From my thousand rupees, my friends and I can have an aftaar party but on the other hand, this thousand rupee note can bring smile on the faces of a whole family and they can eat a substantial meal through it. Ramadan is the spiritual month when a Muslim do fasting for Allah, and abstain himself from eating and drinking in order to get the real essence of Ramadan which is hunger and thirst, and unfortunately, food and water are the elements that are heavily wasted every year, but this Ramadan foodpanda has paved an easy path for us through the Click Donate campaign. One can donate a ration pack by sitting at home with just a click!
I further searched about this online charity program, and my trust was further strengthened when I saw TCS Connect and Orange Tree Foundation are also involved in this Choti si Naiki (small deed). TCS Connect is handling the logistics and collection of money from the donors and giving it to Orange Tree Foundation which is a charitable organization for education. 

The promotional video of the campaign played the role of a catalyst in the whole process. The video have first shown the plight of poverty and hunger in our country and right after that the struggle and teamwork of foodpanda has shown that actually eliminates the doubt of fraud or any other deceit. The video urges me to share it on my social networks so my friends and other members of my friend list can be a part of this activity and join hand in hand with food panda in this month of donation.

How to donate?

It is a three step process, select your ration pack via foodpanda website or mobile app and order it. Later, a TCS Connect representative will visit your home to collect the money and give you a certificate from foodpanda as a token of appreciation. Your money then will be delivered to Orange Tree Foundation where ration packs will be distributed to the needy.

The whole process is so simple and convenient. This Ramadan, be a part of this good deed with foodpanda and share happiness with underprivileged. Because this is not charity, this is their right!
For more info you can visit the URL bit.ly/clickdonatepk or checkout the video below

2 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah good initiative by foodpanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good read, Allah sab ko taufeeq de ameen

    ReplyDelete