Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Darkness

By Noor-ul-ain Hanif

A year ago,
I went miles away inside a dark forest,
I digged a big hole near a tall tree,
I put all your memories inside it,
I put a seed and poured water,
I visited it daily,
I fertilized it with my feelings,
I watered it with my tears,
It got further nourishment,
through your sensation,
After some days the seed cracked,
A small plant came out,
I smelled it,
It smelled same as you,
I talked to it,
As if it was you,
But soon my imagination broke,
And I found myself alone in the dew,
No one was around me,
Only dark forest was surrounding me,
I realized how far I have come,
This encouraged me to go backward,
I left you behind,
And moved in my life,
But today I have come here again,
and found the scene very strange,
The plant has turned into a tall tree,
And giving shelter to little little entities,
It makes me happy,
It makes me delight,
It gives me another reason to smile.


11 comments:

  1. Dont let the darkness prevail and u will never fail. great post : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The seed you planted now shelters new smaller dreams. :)
    Nice thought, though it started off from a distant memory and you got over with it, and still it makes you smile.
    Interesting.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful noor....surely...will come back again...did you write tis?
    my blog updated too

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely and wonderful poem indeed. It's always a treat to come over here and read such beautifully drafted posts. Keep blogging.

    you will love reading few of my posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noor,

    Read 2 pending posts now. It is good that you all had fun at the carnival. This poem is true depiction of life. Yes, one needs to move on and live with what God blesses one with.

    Take care

    PS : No visits or replies to comments?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your brain is a basket full of new ideas. i m impressed. awesome poem.

    keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ All: Thank you so much all!
    @ Puurplrcream: This is the best comment for me :) Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post

    sell and buy new and used Car's

    used car's karachi

    Thank's a lot

    ReplyDelete