Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Winters in Karachi


Winters in Karachi is actually kind of a term for Karachites any such thing hasn’t been experienced by the people before, I can say this – till the last year I have seen people wearing lawn clothes into winter when inquire they say it will be chilly for a week and after that it all will be warm and sunny but everything has taken a big flip this year!

Cool breeze, shivering teeth, chilly weather- winter has invaded the people of Karachi with all its weapons and it’s not a guest anymore but a phuppi from Canada who has come to your doorsteps for spending months!

I remember1st January 2020 was itself a cold day. After winter vacations school were reopening but due to heavy chilly winds parents didn’t send their kids to school and attendance was very less. I was coming back from university and cold breeze was crossing from both the ends of my rikshaw and I was shivering. Despite of wearing socks and sweater I was feeling cold.

The day time in winters is usually an enjoyable one. When velvety sunlight touches the body it relaxes all the stiff muscles and empowers one to complete their chores. However, nights are fully dedicated to reading! The warmth of blanket, bright light, serenity and Forty Rules Of Love – a perfect combination I can spend hours!

I think this is the last spell of winter going on and gradually we are entering to spring and after that summers are ready to give a tight hug. Every season is a gift of God and indeed these are signs of Allah existence, koi to hai jo nizam e hasti chala raha hai wohi Allah hai!

 Image result for winters

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete